Thursday, January 15, 2009

1/15/09

Today was a great day. My morning patient was very nice, although he had quite a few missing teeth. He was a class V with lots of plaque. The ultrasonic is amazing. My afternoon pt was awesome. He had mental disabilities which I was nervous for but it turned out to be a fabulous experience. I'm happy I got to have a patient like him here before I'm on my own in practice. Nitrous oxide really helped. Overall not a good calculus removal day but a good learning experience.

4 comments:

Chelsea Buckwalter said...

Amanda-

I loved hearing you interact with your second patient today. You sounded so positive and understanding. I loved to hear how confident you were when working with him and helping him to feel reassured and not afraid. It would be a difficult experience to try and remove the calc you need to, but I am sure very rewarding to work with such an amazing patient. Awesome Job!!!

jAcKi said...

How was it working with the nitrous oxide nose? I'm nervous to use it expecially if I have a hard patient.

Claire said...

I thought you did really well with your disabled patient. I think I would get really nervous, but you seemed really calm!

Kami said...

So, you are not incredibly prolific in your writing. I would like to see more. I will check back.